*I'm going to apologize in advance for the poor picture quality of my photos in this post.
Did I not just post about 37 weeks? Wow, time is going quickly.
I’m still feeling relatively comfortable & haven’t had any real moments where I’ve wanted this pregnancy to be over with. I take that back. I have wanted a glass of wine pretty much every night for the past five months. It’s a small sacrifice for this child, but you better believe I’ve got a bottom bitch that’s sneaking wine into the hospital for me. Is it illegal to drink alcohol in a hospital room? That’s probably kind of trashy, huh?
My 38 week appointment was yesterday and all is looking good. Heart rate was the same as last time & my doctor doesn’t think I’ll go into labor earlier than my due date. It’s a funny thing, having a baby. It’s one of the biggest moments in your life, yet you don’t know when it’s going to happen. To keep from getting anxious, I’ve been focusing on all that I can still do without a child: hour long trips to Target, staying a little later at work without feeling guilty, a stop at Patina just to look around, & quality time with Don Draper…I mean, David (we’re plugging through season 5 of Mad Men right now like it’s our job).
Here I am at 38 weeks. I waddled into the nursery for this shot:
And here’s Dave at 38 weeks. I think he's pretending to hold a baby, ha:
Other happenings this week: we put the final touches on the nursery. The pillow I ordered from Urban Outfitters arrived & we added in some shelves from Ikea. In case anyone wants to know, these shelves are in the frame section. We looked everywhere BUT there & then inadvertently ran into them while trying to dodge the kitchen aisle. I have such a love/hate relationship with that place:
Final shot of the completed nursery...done creepily with a "panorama" app, but you get the idea:
It was also my dear old dad’s 57th birthday yesterday. He happened to be near my office for a meeting so I took him out to lunch. Happy Birthday, dad! As my brother Adam said, “Here’s to a long life, & a merry one. A quick death, & an easy one. A pretty girl, & an honest one. A cold beer- & another one!”:
Happy Valentines Day today! I woke up to the prettiest winter scene this morning. Even our oversized tree looked nice.
Cheers to heart-shaped candy, pregnancy cankles & another week down!
Erin






Oooh so sweet the finished nursery! You are really in the home stretch now.. WINE.. CHECK!!! You totally can. I wont judge. :)
ReplyDeleteLove you Erin and keep that babe in until Feb. 24. :)
I will have a huge glass of wine with you after the babe is born...Can you bring wine to the hospital?! Haha!
ReplyDeleteYou are looking great and I love seeing pictures of the nursery...new pillow looks awesome with your new chair. That picture of Dave is hilarious and very cute all at the same time.
Happy Birthday to your Dad from me...Please Send him my love!!
Looking forward to seeing you next week!
Not really sure what a "bottom bitch" is but I can be it if you need some wine smuggled in. Can't wait for our girls night out in a few months!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pictures. So cute how everything came together.
AHHH I can't wait.
LOVE
Long time reader, firt time commenter here. I don't know what kind of baby Dave is supposed to be holding there, he should probably go to some weekend class or something, oh wait. Also, according to Urban Dictionary (and South Park), bottom bitch is a pimp's main woman, so... yeah please leave your bottom bitch at home Erin, they are not welcome at our child's birth.
ReplyDelete-David
Love the completed nursery. Like Dave's use of his hands for the baby holding...total classroom material. And totally love "David's" comment. Boom.
ReplyDelete