Friday, February 8, 2013

37 Weeks and a Full-Term Wiegratz

Well, we’ve reached the 37 week mark, which means we’re “full term”. Basically, if baby were to make an early appearance his/her lungs should be fully developed & ready for some Minnesota air. This week sleeping has become a little more uncomfortable. I’m also feeling more Braxton Hicks throughout the day. Nothing painful, just some subtle tightening.

I had my 37 week appointment this morning and all appears to be on track. Head is down, my blood pressure & weight are good & the baby’s heart rate is holding steady at 141. It sounds more like a human heartbeat vs. an alien to me now. My doctor doesn’t check for dilation again until 39 or 40 weeks so I’m not sure how things are progressing on that front. I did get a tetanus booster, though. Apparently new recommendations came out in the past couple of weeks saying preggo women should get one to pass along to the babe while in utero. So, other than a sore arm and some tight pants that I’m trying to squeeze into for a few more weeks, I’m feeling pretty good. Oh, and my doctor guessed our baby will weigh about 7 lbs 6 oz. at birth. I don’t think she can really tell right now, but if her prediction holds true, the babe will be the same weight as me when I was born ;).

Here’s a 37 week shot….. in the bathroom at work again. I’m trying not to make any sudden movements today as my sweater is just barely covering my belly. We don’t need my half-outie giving any shout-outs to the Exhaust & Emissions business unit.



Other happenings in the Wiegratz household this week; we had dinner out with friends two nights in a row, so the week went by quickly. This makes me think the end of the month will be here before we know it. Dave continues to be in daddy nesting mode. He took on the task of painting our basement bathroom without my even mentioning it. He also met up with “Sharon from Andover” to pick up this Craigslist find for the nursery. I had been wanting a little rocking chair for the room...I may be nesting a bit too, I guess:


I’ve been pretty calm & relaxed as of late. I’m now wondering if it’s an illusion that Dave has created by being so productive and helpful, ha. Hey, whatever works.

So we’ve got a couple small things we’d like to get accomplished over the weekend, but otherwise we feel pretty set for this baby’s arrival. I’m not anxious yet as I hope this child spends at least the next 3 weeks staying healthy and getting chubbier before entering the harsh reality of a Minnesota February. Plus, I borrowed season 5 of Mad Men from a coworker and I’d really like to finish it without any interruptions. Baby's understand parent's needing "me" time, right?


Love this banner that my friends made for my shower a couple weekends ago! & the nursery art from aunt Sara ;). I love how everything is in place right now...I should take a picture 6 months from now when baby is on the move, ha. 

Cheers to the weekend,
Erin

4 comments:

  1. holding strong at 141! love it. Still guessing boy. haha.

    Good update Erin! Glad you are feeling great. You look fantastic. Cannot wait to meet this babe.

    love you- Ran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! Hope you're enjoying the last few days of engineer talk for a few months. Everything sounds/looks great...ready to meet this lil one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on things! I know I have said this once before but I love that you are blogging. I love reading the latest!

    LOVE the rocking chair...great find!

    Sweet post about Grandma Ruth's cookies...yum!

    You look darling Ern...I am really looking forward to meeting baby Wiegratz!!

    Like I text you the other day I had a dream you had a girl so I am sticking to that now! :) She had a ton of dark hair. :)

    Oh and the email address didn't work again..maybe I have to cancel this one and start over?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEK - I'm beyond excited to meet Baby W. Also, love that you hung up Ski & my's "attempt at being" crafty banner. I'm still not sure how I cut crooked paper using a paper cutter. Ha
    LOVE that you're blogging. I read it and hear your voice with a British accent reading it to me.

    ReplyDelete