Last
weekend we took Lennon’s pacifier away. He had only been getting it for naps on
the weekends and at nighttime for a while, so it wasn’t as bad as we thought it
might be. Typical parenting where you never know what to expect. A couple weeks
ago Lennon mentioned that nuks are for babies. I’m not sure where he picked
that up, but I figured it was a good time to jump on that idea. When we took
the nuks away we told him that we gave them away to a baby who needed them.
Kind of a stupid idea because he seemed a little obsessed with this baby and
asked where the baby lived, etc. He probably hates this fictional baby who now
gets to enjoy his beloved nuks.
As
much as we started loathing the pacifier towards the end I will kind of miss
it. Or rather, the fact that Lennon is not a baby anymore. I loved that tired,
dependent look he’d get when he’d put it in his mouth. I loved that we could
get him to do pretty much anything with the promise of a nuk. I won’t miss his
stinky nuk breath or the cries in the middle of the night when he’d drop one
out of his crib. I still get a pit in my stomach thinking about the noise it
would make through the monitor as it hit the ground, ha ha.
Cheers
to another milestone! Tears to kids growing too quickly!
Such a big boy! Way way too fast!
ReplyDeleteCrap, I am dreading this milestone. The Nuk drop is the worst sound. But I do love the drunk NUK eyes when the Nuk is inserted. You have motivated me remove the Nuk...someday ;)
ReplyDelete