Lennon’s
daycare put on a play a couple weekends ago. It was really the pre-school kids
who acted, but the toddlers got to be “extras”. Lennon’s class dressed up as
stars and I think they were supposed to sing “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”
but that didn’t really pan out ;). It’s pretty adorable and hilarious to see
how your kid acts in new situations. Lennon looked shocked and nervous during
the whole 30 seconds or so that his class was on stage. His coping mechanism
was to have his finger up his nose the whole time. I think he had no clue what
was going on and was like “why the hell am I walking into this room full of
adults, dressed like the crappiest star in the universe while my parents
laugh?”
Rosy Cheeks from all the excitement ;)
At
the end of the play it was complete chaos as all the kids ran to their parents.
His teacher, Ms. Mandy saw Lennon shaking so she ran up and grabbed him, ha ha.
He now keeps telling us he was scared at the play & repeats “too many
people”. Luckily there was an ice cream social…which was Lennon’s favorite part
of the day, of course.
Here's to many more awkward events in the future!
xoxo
Erin
OH MY GOSH...this is the greatest! did you get a video??? I would love to see him up there. He looked a little nervous photo...what a sweetie pie!! Love how he dug right into the treat at the end.
ReplyDeleteIf you have any video clips...please send! :)
I am pretty sure I had that same "custom" in my kindergarten play. Nice to see the arts in schools have really evolved ;) Lennon is adorable! Have fun this summer with that cutie pie.
ReplyDelete