Lennon is going through a little withdrawal today after a fun-filled
weekend with his grandparents. He absolutely lights up when any of his
grandparents are around and this weekend was no different. He sure is loved and
we are really thankful for the support we get from both sides of the family.
A perfect example of the love of a grandparent; on Saturday
we decided to head to the ice cream shop in the afternoon. Dave and I took a
longer route and ran while Dave’s parents took Lennon in the stroller. Dave and
I beat the walkers so we hung out outside and waited for a few minutes. A few
minutes turned into 15 minutes, and then 15 turned into a half hour. We peeked
our heads around the corner, but didn’t see any sign of Mary Jo, Wyon and
Lennon. After 45 minutes we started to get a little worried. In my mind I knew
all was okay, but I wondered if they had an emergency diaper issue or something
of the sort. After an hour Dave decided to go out looking for them while I
waited at the ice cream shop. Not more than a minute later I could see the
whole crew trekking down the sidewalk. Was there a soiled diaper issue, or worse,
some type of accident? Nope. The grandparents had just let Lennon walk and explore.
The little stinker walked almost the whole route while stopping whenever he
wanted to check out such things as kittens, garage doors that might have a lawn
mower behind them and anything else his little heart desired. He was very
pleased with all of his adventures when he arrived at the ice cream shop. It
was really sweet.
Have a great week!
Erin
Oh that is hilarious!! I bet they just studied him and let him just do whatever his little heart intended! :)
ReplyDeleteGap Model...geez, he's so cute Erin!
ReplyDeleteFunny about the walk...Just got all caught up in exploring with Grandpa and Grandma. I can just seem him loving it! and taking advantage of the situation ;). And Grandpa and Grandma soaking every minute of it up.