Monday, October 20, 2014

Crimson Trees and I.D.'d Pajamas

  Our fall weather is turning out to be stellar this year. The leaves are magnificent. On Wheeler street around the corner from our house they are breathtaking. Pictures never do it justice, but I couldn’t stop shooting photos of them this weekend.





What is it about kids constantly wanting to be outside? Is it the freedom they feel to explore? All I know is most of us grow out of this by the time we’re adults and it’s kind of sad. I don’t think I’d be content prancing around in the yard and digging in the dirt for 5 hours like Lennon is. If I did our yard would not look like it currently does, ha. He doesn’t need anything fancy…just a rake and maybe a watering can and he’s content. I think it’s inherent in the human spirit to experience nature…this coming from the family that lives on a small city lot, ha. Nevertheless, we love our time outside exploring. Our walks to the coffee shop and our park trips. I'm a sucker for fleeting fall days and knowing that our sweaters will soon be replaced with puffy winter coats.



 
On a side note; My parents watched Lennon on Saturday night and when he got up on Sunday morning we noticed a little something shining through his pajamas….
 
 
Upon closer inspection I realized it was a driver’s license, ha! Then I recalled my mom mentioning she let Lennon dig through her purse the night before. Somehow her I.D. ended up spending the night with him. I can picture exactly how it happened and it's a hilarious image. He slept until 7:30 so maybe we’ll stick an I.D. in his pajamas every night.
 
Have a great, fall week!
xoxo
Erin



2 comments:

  1. Aren't the leaves this year just amazing!! I feel like they are prettier than ever this year. I too love this time a year and have been a sucker for a fall day outside. Jumping in leaves, fall walks, and just sitting there watching the leave fall.

    What a good little helper you have on your hands...raking and mulching the leaves with the lawn mower ;)

    Your Mom's ID in his PJ's....bahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing, that is too funny Erin...hahahahaha.. And he slept the whole night like that...until 7:30!

    Love that cutie pie...kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha!!!! That is so hilarious.. grandma Jayne never disappoints so funny! love you!

    ReplyDelete