Tuesday, March 26, 2013

They See Me Rollin...

 It's hard to believe our little man will be 3 weeks old on Thursday. I try not to think about it, but my maternity leave is already going too quickly! Lennon has been doing really well. He's still a good eater & was up a pound from his birth weight as of last Friday. I feel like almost every day I notice a little something different about him. I got a little sad the other day because he's growing out of a couple of his newborn outfits. He seemed okay with being the fat guy in a little coat, so I'll continue to try to squeeze him in for another week.


Mommy is getting pretty stir crazy with this extended winter so we were happy to get Lennon out for his first stroller ride over the weekend. Little guy seems to love rolling around the neighborhood in his stroller. I took him out for his first visit to our coffee shop yesterday too. He was unimpressed.




Dave and I had the awesome idea to take Lennon out to eat on Saturday. We failed to realize that kid-friendly time is not our usual dinner hour. After checking out 3 restaurants, which all had a 25 minute wait, we ended up going to Noodles. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Gone are the days of grabbing a beer at the bar while waiting for a table.


My mom left on Friday so this is my first week alone with Lennon. So far, so good. We've got more visitors this week & another weight check-in for the babe tomorrow. I could probably cancel, but I figure it will be a good excuse to get out of the house. Lame, I know. We're looking forward to some spring weather, more walks & maybe even a trip to Target...dun dun dun.

Thanks again for all the well-wishes!

XXOO
Erin


6 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is 3 wks!!! In the same breath it seems like you were in the hospital longer than that ago!

    Loved the out to eat story.. Ha ha!!

    Give Lennon sweet kisses from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...oh my gosh! That first picture of him is SO adorable! I am SO happy you started this blog, I LOVE seeing him!! How awesome that things are going so well, I LOVE it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the weather is turning so you can venture out! Oh how the mighty have fallen, ha ha ha. Lennon, enjoy your first Target run...it's a big deal! Talk your mama into picking up some cheddar Cheerio chex mix and playing a little Citizen Cope on the way, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want Noodles now...I already have fallen apparently without children. I can't wait to come take some walks with you guys! Ooh Targetto or Target boutique? I think you should do a trip to each so he can have diversity in his life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved seeing you two yesterday and loved my time holding Lennon! Thank you for letting us come by and spend some time.

    So funny about restaurant story and oh my gosh isn't feeling cooped up the worst! This weather better liven up soon. Even just going for a little walk around the block feels amazing when you've been cooped up.

    Love you three very much and hope the weigh in went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes such a huge difference when you can get out of the house and go for walks!!! I absolutely love the pictures and can't wait to meet him and see you and Dave!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete