At 6 months:
We just started him eating solids twice a day. He’s tried all different kinds of foods at this point. I’d say his favorites are probably bananas & oatmeal, and butternut squash. He’s not as thrilled about green food-peas, beans or spinach-but at this point he’ll eat pretty much anything we put in front of him.
He’s still loving his rubber strawberry. We’ll usually put frozen mango or banana in it and he goes crazy. I liken it to Dave eating ice cream.
I think he might be teething. I’ve been saying this for 3 months, so who knows. His gums look swollen to me and he chews hard on anything we put in front of him.
He’s started to “scoot” backwards. He’ll push up into a downward dog facing motion and maneuver his way back. Either he remembers the mommy/baby yoga class we took at 2 months, or he wants to crawl.
His “bouncy bouncy” as we call it, is one of his favorite toys. There are times when we can put him in there and he’ll bounce his little life away for 45 minutes.
He’s been playing around with his voice lately. He’ll scream& yell and “talk” to himself while in his bouncy or the stroller. He got baptized last weekend and he made fart noises with his mouth during the majority of the ceremony. I guess he was bored.
Just this week he has started arching his back the minute we try to put him in his stroller, carseat or Bumbo. He’s not overly upset that he’s being put into said contraptions, so I think he’s just playing around.
He rarely sits on his own. The only time I see him do it for extended periods of time is when he’s in the bathtub. Otherwise, he’ll just lunge forward.
He’s got a little sense of humor and sometimes I could swear he’s trying to make us laugh. If I try too hard to reciprocate he’ll just give me a gummy smile.
Random things will scare him. My mom’s bifocals, clothes hanging at the department store & people who wear hats, to name a few. On the other end of the spectrum, he’s fascinated with ceiling fans, tags & adult conversations.
Here are a few photos of Lennon at 6 months old:
Strawberry for life!
Cranky and disheveled after daycare.
Chubby stroller legs.
Bullying his friend, Hudson.
Sometimes all you need in life is a nap in a swing.
Love that little profile.
Mom






Happy 6 months! My times flies. What a handsome guy with a fun personality. Love xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy 6 months!! I love his little personality. He is getting so big!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it!! Happy 6 Months Buddy boy!! Give that cute little profile a kiss from his Auntie. :)
ReplyDeleteLove you all!